Baby wearing for a premature baby.
• Once Doctor gives the ok for parents to hold baby and use of wrap,
start it as soon as possible
• Be extra careful to always have your baby’s face visible at all times.
• Use same wrap that you use in hospital that you use at home
• Wear baby high and off center, head on wrappers shoulder
• Hold baby’s head to maintain contact with premature baby
• Baby is enticed to feed more which encourages weight gain
• Mom’s warmth maintains baby’s temperature
• Moms breathing stimulates baby’s breathing, so fewer cases of apnea
• Soothing/calming for baby to be close to mom
• Encourages mom’s milk supply to have baby close
• Mom gets fine tuned to baby’s needs earlier
• Reduces overstimulation for baby